Alto Reed, whose real name was Thomas Neal Cartmell, was an American saxophonist and musical instrumentalist. He was best known for his association with the Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band.
He played for the band for around five decades of his career. One of his most popular performances came in the 1973 Bob Seger’s hit song, Turn the Page.
Quick Facts: Alto Reed Real Name And Wife: Cause Of Death Revealed
|Birthday||May 16, 1948|
|Age||72 (Died on December 30, 2020)|
|Wife||Christiana Van Rynn|
However, with a heavy heart, we are to confirm that Alto Reed is no more with us. After battling colon cancer for a long time, the widely celebrated saxophonist has met his demise. As a statement released by his family members, the musical artist died in peace in his home in Detriot.
There have been tributes for him from all over the world including one from the Kathmandu singer.
Here are a few facts to know about Alto Reed.
Famed musician Alto Reed, who was a longtime saxophonist with Bob Seger's Silver Bullet Band, has died at the age of 72 after being diagnosed with stage four colon cancer. https://t.co/SFrVInhQYr
— FOX 2 Detroit (@FOX2News) December 30, 2020
10 Facts on Alto Reed
- Alto Reed was an American saxophonist who played for the musical group, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band.
- Moreover, his real name was Thomas Neal Cartmell. He performed by the name of Alto Reed.
- Unfortunately, the saxophonist has passed away at the age of 72. He died on December 30, 2020.
- As for the cause of his death, he died because of colon cancer. He was battling it for some time.
- Moving, Alto Reed was married once in his life. His relationship with his wife, Monica Reed lasted for 21 years.
- After the divorce, the artist was dating Christiana Van Rynn, who was with him when he took his last breath.
- Talking about his family, he leaves behind his two wonderful daughters, Victoria Reed and Chelsea Reed.
- Moreover, Thomas Neal also had a grandson, Harry Radler.
- Furthermore, Alto Reed’s net worth is unknown. He was quite a successful musician.
- Hence, he will be remembered even though he is gone. The saxophonist has a well dedicated Wikipedia biography as well.