American investment advisor and lawyer, Hunter Biden’s former business partner Bevan Cooney is recently a hot potato on media outlets. Here’s what got the businessman infamous all of a sudden.
Hunter Biden’s former business partner Cooney is serving time in prison over his involvement in a bond fraud investment scheme from 2016. Bevan was sentenced to jail on 31 July 2019 and his jail time is 30 months.
So, if anyone out there’s been wondering where is Hunter Biden’s former business partner Bevan Cooney, he is serving time in person. He will not see the outside world until 2023.
10 Facts on Bevan Cooney
- Bevan Cooney is a former businessman who was a business partner of American investment advisor and lawyer, Hunter Biden. Hunter is the second son of former US President Joe Biden.
- In 2020, Bevan Cooney is serving time in prison. He was arrested on 31 July 2019 over a bond fraud investment scheme from 2016.
- Cooney is sentenced to 30 months in prison and will not be out until 2023.
- Bevan is a divorced man. He was married to a lady named Rachel Cooney. It is not clear when they got married. But, they got divorced in May 2017.
- In 2017, his ex-wife sued him for not paying the restoration payment. Bevan amicably agreed to pay $568,750 to Rachel Cooney. However, he only paid $160,000.
- It is not known exactly where was Bevan Cooney born. He is an American national and was born in the US. As per sources, he once lived in between Nevada and Montana.
- Bevan Cooney had a great job and career as a business. But, after he got mixed up in the Wakpamni Lake Community Co. bond scheme, his career and his life completely flipped.
- As per sources, Bevan Cooney and three other looted investors of over $60 million in the fraud.
- He ran the scheme from March 2014 to April of 2016 with his partners. Cooney and co used Hunter’s name to legalize the scheme.
- In addition to 30 months in prison, Cooney was ordered to forfeit a sum of $9,527,000.