Detective Myles Cosgrove, the middle-level policeman who fired the shot that killed Breonna Taylor, has recently been found justified in his use of force.
While it was initially not revealed who had fired the killing shot, the FBI concluded that the bullet was from Cosgrove’s gun. People were outraged after he was not charged and didn’t face a prison sentence as per the ruling of the Kentucky grand jury.
|Profession||Detective at The LMPD|
I am sick. I’ve already seen tweets about how “her boyfriend shot first” and “the officers need peace.” SAVE IT!!! Brett Hankison, Johnathan Mattingly, and Myles Cosgrove came into her home while the suspect was already in custody. There is no explaining that.
— Virginia Harp (@VirginiaHarp7) September 23, 2020
10 Facts About Detective Myles Cosgrove
- Detective Myles Cosgrove’s Wiki page doesn’t exist but you can read all facts about him below.
- Myles Cosgrove was born in 1978 and is 42 years old as of September 2020 according to Conan Daily.
- He may have a wife but has not revealed anything about his personal life in the media. He might have also kept the details under wraps to protect his family.
- The Detective along with his Sergeant Jonathan Mattingly and officer Brett Hankison are the 3 policemen accused of killing Breonna Taylor with malicious intent and police brutality however, only Hankinson was charged and that too with just wanton endangerment charge.
- There were no charges filed against Myles by the Kentucky grand jury.
- Due to no charges begin filed against him, Cosgrove will not have a sentence.
- He joined the LMPD in May 2005 and graduated the p[olice academy in November 2005.
- Prior to joining the LMPD, he had already received 16 letters of commendations. He was one of the department’s most highly decorated officers. However, he has also been accused of using excessive force in the past.
- In fact, he was taken to court by Arthur L. Satterly and his car passengers after the detective fired 11 shots at their car at a gas station.
- Similarly, he was also suspended after the incident and has received multiple written reprimands from the LMPD.