Isabella Guzman, the 25-year-old, is a criminal who became a TikTok sensation as the teenager who suffered from Schizophrenia and stabbed her mother, Yun Mi Hoy, to death. Court documents revealed that the former TikToker had stabbed her mother more than 79 times.
Guzman was not found guilty but was rather placed in a mental institution and the court ruled that she should be placed there until she is no longer a danger to herself or others.
|Parents||Yun Mi Hoy (victim); Ryan Hoy (Stepfather)|
10 Facts About Isabella Guzman
- Isabella Guzman is 25 years old in October 2020 and was born in June 1995 according to this source.
- Guzman had a boyfriend when she committed parricide. In fact, this source says that they were dating when she killed her mother.
- Neither the court documents nor the culprit has revealed her height in the media, some estimates suggest she is 5 feet 6 inches (168 cm) tall.
- Isabella belongs to Mixed ethnicity and has primarily Hispanic roots.
- She stabbed her mother 79 times on August 28, 2013. She was reported to the police by her stepfather who hid in the toilet as he called them.
- The culprit and her mother had already been in an argument prior to the incident and police had been called at that time too.
- Her stepfather discovered Isabella with a knife standing over the body of her dead mother and reported it to the police. She fled but was caught by police the next day.
- In court, her lawyers pleaded not guilty due to insanity, the doctors said that she clearly suffered from paranoid Schizophrenia and it was the cause behind her horrendous actions.
- The court decided that she was not guilty and her actions were a bad episode of her mental illness.
- She said that she saw did not know it was her mother she was stabbing but rather a woman named Cecilia who she had to stab to save the world.