John Mackey is a 67 years old American Businessman and author. John is the CEO and co-founder of Whole Food Market. John’s father Bill was the CEO of a health care company, accounting professor, and investor of Whole Food Market. John has shared how grateful he was for all of his father’s valuable life lessons.
John Mackey’s net worth approximately $100 million according to the most recent update. But, he is not only popular because he is wealthy but most people know him for his business philosophy.
He has worked for animal welfare and Whole Food was the first grocery chain to set humane animal treatment standards. In 2006 he announced he has reduced his salary to $1 a year and donated all of his stock to charity. He later resigned as chairman of Wholefood in December 2008.
|Birthday||15 August 1953|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Parents||Margaret Mackey, Bill Mackey|
|Net Worth||$100 Milion|
|Wife||Deborah Mackey (m. 1991)|
|Education||The University of Texas at Austin, Trinity University|
10 facts on John Mackey
- John Mackey was born on August 15, 1953, in Houston, Texas, United States. He is 67 years old as of 2020.
- His parents are Margaret Mackey and Bill Mackey. He has a sister and a brother but further details are not known.
- Both of his parents are dead. His mother died in 1987 while his father died in 2004.
- He has also authored several books including Conscious Capitalism, Conscious Leadership, and The Whole Foods CookBook.
- His company, Whole Foods was bought by e-commerce giant Amazon in 2017 for $13.7 billion.
- John is 5 feet 8 inches tall which is 1.75meters and weighs 68 kg.
- John is currently married to his lovely wife Deborah Mackey. The couple has been together since 1991. John has a daughter, Allison, with his previous partner.
- John went to The University of Texas at Austin and Trinity University for his higher education.
- John does not eat meat, in fact, he has been vegetarian for the last 30 years.
- John does not seem to care much about his online presence. He is not available on social media sites but his admirers frequently post about him.