Lai Xiaomin was a Chinese finance chief who worked as a chairman of the Board of China Huarong Asset Management. A reputed politician of the Communist Party of China, he was also a senior economist.
In 2018, Lai Xiaomin was accused of several corruption and bribe charges. As a result, he was expelled from the party and lost his position as a chairman as well.
Quick Facts: Lai Xiaomin Wife: Everything On Age, Wikipedia and Family
After a thorough investigation that lasted for more than 2 years, Lai Xiaomin has been finally sentenced to death on January 5, 2021. The politician was accused guilty of accepting over $257.7 million worth of money in bribes.
Here are a few facts to know about the economist.
Lai Xiaomin, former board chairman of China Huarong Asset Management Co., Ltd., was sentenced to death Tuesday after he was found guilty of graft and bigamy. The sentence was handed down by the Second Municipal Intermediate People's Court of Tianjin. pic.twitter.com/L0OJxbR39b
— People's Daily, China (@PDChina) January 5, 2021
10 Facts on Lai Xiaomin
- Lai Xiaomin is a Chinese politician and senior economist who served as a chairman of the Board of China Huarong Asset Management, a popular finance company.
- Moreover, Lai Xiaomin’s personal life including his wife was as controversial as his political life.
- Lai Xiaomin was still married to his first wife when he had children with the other one.
- As for his family, Lai has three children. He had a daughter with his first wife and two sons with his second wife.
- Moving on, Lai Xiaomin was currently 58 years old. He was born in July 1962.
- Likewise, he was born and raised in Ruijin, Ganzhou, China.
- Lai Xiaomin has a well dedicated Wikipedia biography that has enough information about his corruption charges.
- Speaking of, Xiaomin has pleaded guilty to accepting more than $250 million in bribes, in addition to his salary and earnings.
- Hence, the politician was expelled from the Communist Party of China in 2018. Furthermore, he was sentenced to death on January 5, 2021.
- Furthermore, Lai Xiaomin had a net worth of multi-million dollars, however, his corruption money has been seized.