Lucia Scalisi is a famous television personality from England. She earned fame and recognition by working in The Repair Shop, which is a British Broadcasting Corporation’s show. Lucia works as the presenter in this show and she is also one of the paintings conservators.
For your information, the main theme of the show, The Repair Shop is to repair and restore the valuable antique heirlooms of the customers. This show features many professional craftsmen who do the restoration works. And more interesting facts about this show is, the customers are not charged anything in return for the restorations of their valuable items.
Here we have few facts available about Lucia Scalisi of The Repair Shop.
|Profession||TV Personality, Painting Conservator, Lecturer,|
|Education||Sheffeild University, University of Northumbria|
View this post on Instagram
I hadn’t heard of the Lebanese artist Khalil Saleeby (1870-1928) until I worked on a collection bequest made by the Saleeby family to the American University of Beirut. AUB is the renowned international university for Medical training & Business in the Middle East. The late architect Zaha Hadid (1950-2016) one of the greats to have a building on what must be just about the most beautiful campus in the world, overlooking the Mediterranean. The University hospital is this week at the forefront of dealing with the catastrophic ammonium nitrate explosion. I digress….Saleeby trained as an artist in Paris, many of his commercially prepared canvases bear the ‘Foinet et fils’ canvas stamp of the Parisian colourman’s company located near the Palais Royal. Formally trained Saleeby’s paintings are a dream to work on because of his technically stable processes – he understood his materials. The story behind the paintings is one of love & sorrow. Saleeby, a dashingly handsome young man, friend of Renoir & the Impressionist ‘set’, met & married a beautiful American attache to the consulate in Beirut. Carrie Aude-Saleeby became his muse, a number of portraits of her are included in the bequest. The couple were inseparable. One fateful day they were both murdered as they walked back from the beach, over a dispute about water rights between ajoining properties. It was a scandal & reverberations are still felt nearly 100 years later. Family homes were closed up, sold as generations moved on trying to deal with it. The Saleeby family collection eventually found its way into the hands of his nephew (Dr) Samir Saleeby (only 2 at the time of the murders). It is due to Dr Saleeby’s erudite dilgence & care that the paintings are now a bequest. It is through him that I came to learn of the great artists Lebanon has in its history. I’ll be bringing a few of them to you this week – including the formidable Huguette Caland (1931-2019) whose derrière embraces the catalogue of ‘Le corps découvert’ exhibition (last image ;))) #Beirut #Lebanon @americanuniversityofbeirut.es #art #history #conservation #heritage #culture #paintings #artists #collections #artcollections #inheritance
10 Facts On Lucia Scalisi
- Lucia Scalisi is an accredited painting conservator who helps people to restore their valuable items in the show, The Repair Shop.
- Observing Lucia’s pictures, she seems to be in her forties. She has not revealed her age and birthday facts.
- Although Lucia is a famous television personality, she doesn’t have her own wiki page. Moreover, information if her biofacts are also not available.
- Lucia is from England and she is British by nationality. Unfortunately, her birthplace and current residence are not known.
- Lucia studied the Conservation of Easel Painting and did a diploma from the University of Northumbria.
- Lucia is a married woman. But she has not shared any details about her husband and children.
- Besides working as a television presenter and painting conservator, she also works as a lecturer.
- Lucia is a well-established woman. So, she might have decent earnings. However, we are not sure exactly how much she earns and how much her net worth is.
- By watching the show, The Repair Shop, you can witness how good she is in her work.
- You can find Lucia on Instagram @luciainlondon123. She has 7,497 followers.