Steven Gallant is a convicted murderer who has been awarded the Queen’s pardon after he thwarted a terror attack on the London bridge. He was serving time ins a prison for the murder of a fireman in 2005 but has received a 10-month reduction via a Queen’s pardon.
Gallant showed bravery as he confronted Usman Khan who went on a stabbing spree in 2019. One of the stabbed victim’s families, who later died, has given their support for the pardon of Steven Gallant.
10 Facts About Steven Gallant
- Steven Gallant is 42 years old as of October 2020 according to this source. He was 27 years old when he was sentenced.
- He has become a hero after stopping terrorist Usman Khan.
- The two were together on a prison rehabilitation visit when Khan attacked and killed the visit organizers Jack Merritt, 25, and Saskia Jones, 23 in 2019.
- Jack was one of Gallant’s closes friends in prison and he had a connection to him.
- Gallant was instrumental in stopping the London Bridge stabber. Due to his heroic actions, he has been awarded a Queen’s pardon which will reduce his sentence by 10 months.
- Talking about his prison sentence, Steven Gallant was handed a minimum 17-year sentence for being one of the two men convicted of killing Barrie Jackson.
- In 2020, the murdered firefighter’s son 21-year-old Mr.Jackson said that he feels, Steven had done his time and might have been rehabilitated.
- Khan was shot dead by the police later on but Steven’s actions prevented him from taking more lives.
- Gallant’s Wikipedia page does not exist but you can read all about him in this article.
- Similarly, he also does not have an Instagram account but many people have shared the heroic actions of the prisoner on social media.